Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Read-o-meter

Reading is such a joy. When I was growing up in the squatters of Pantai Dalam, I would frequent my grandparents' (from both sides) houses to read the never ending supply of URTV and the likes, thanks to my aunts. When I was in school, the library was my favourite place, apart from the canteen. As cliche as it may sound, reading took me to places I never imagined existed. I think that's the reason I became an educator because if I wasn't one I might abandon this love for the written words. Now I'm revisiting the authors who have long fascinated me, Agatha Christie and Patricia Cornwell. At the same time I'm trying to re-finish Napolean Hill's Unlimited Success. Reading 3 books at one time is normal for an 'ulat buku' like me. I have just finished The Murder of Roger Ackroyd.

No comments:

Post a Comment