Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Bad Start...

It's the fourth day of my self-planned journey to save my soul from being eaten by depression (drama queen cap on). Yesterday wasn't a good day as far as this live healthy programme is concerned. I had promised my Restaurant Management students (some of them anyway) that I would be their customer for their Advanced Cooking class. FYI in this class the students will cook and serve a three course meal to anyone who has agreed to be their customers. You get to pay RM20 for this meal. I thought I had the perfect solution for that. By giving my spot to my husband who promised to come during lunch hour. On his way to the college, something happened and I didn't have the heart to let him eat alone there at the coffee house. Plus, my serving students had pulled out the chair for me motioning me to sit down, under the watchful eyes of their chefs. To avoid unwanted incidents, I sat and there went my meal plan. But we had a wonderful lunch of chicken wings with blue cheese (appetiser, I wasn't wild on the cheese though), seafood chowder (which was EXCELLENT), the main course - lamb loins eaten with potato salad and salsa verde and ended with a sweet finish of blueberry crumble topped with rosemary ice-cream (which I thought was very interesting). The meal, it turned out, was complimentary, thanks to one of the chefs. I was full the whole day, well not the whole day, but yes until evening came. I hope today will be one of those good days, despite the bad start this morning, all due to my frustrations over the situation we are in now. It got me thinking of happiness again. But that is a different story altogether, one I doubt will be shared here. May Allah gives me strength and determination to fight this battle and win it forever. Amin.

No comments:

Post a Comment